Can you believe that 90% of the population are more than likely to be deficient in magnesium? Because our soil is lacking in many important minerals this means our food is lacking and cooking and processing also further depletes it’s mineral content. Can you believe that when we consume sugar we are using our magnesium stores to process it? Not only sugar but foods like coffee, alcohol and grains all pull magnesium from the body.
Magnesium is needed for the function of every cell in the body meaning the implications of a deficiency can be wide and varied and form a list a mile long!
Some of the most common benefits of magnesium are:
• ENHANCES SLEEP
• prevents headaches/migraines
• improves digestion
• calms the nervous system
• assists with anxiety and depression
• alleviates muscle cramping/spasms
• decreases high blood pressure
• reduces menstrual cramping
and the list goes on…
When I began supplementing with magnesium over 2 years ago I noticed immediate improvements in sleep, digestion and overall calmness. I love it so much I won’t go a night without it!
Do you use magnesium? What improvements have you noticed? Here is a recipe for our Magnesium Body Balm.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 1/4 cup Shea butter
- 1/3 cup magnesium oil
- a few drops of your favourite essential oil
- Melt down the cacao butter, Shea butter and coconut oil over a double boiler or in Thermo.
- Allow to cool and almost set again.
- Add butterfly to thermo and whip until combined well.
- Keep on speed 4 and slowly add magnesium oil and essential oil until all incorporated.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge or if cooler weather, leave out.