When Autumn is here, oranges are in abundance. Our organic food coop bags are often chocked with more oranges than we can eat & Farmer has them drooping from her trees. Instead of drinking the juice we like to use them in a recipe combined with some fat. These orange jellies were a real hit. An orange jelly base with a coconut cream or raw cream topping.
- 2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3 Tbs Raw Honey (adjust to taste- sweetness is diluted once set)
- 3Tbs Great Lakes Gelatin
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream (or Raw Cream)
- 2Tbs Raw Honey
- 1/2 Tbs Great Lakes Gelatin
- 1tsp Vanilla
- Whisk honey and OJ together until dissolved.
- Mix gelatine with orange juice.
- Gently heat orange juice mix over low heat until just warm and gelatine dissolved.
- Pour into a glass baking dish and set in freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Gently heat cream, honey and vanilla until just warm.
- Mix Gelatin with 2 Tabs of cold water.
- Add gelatin to warmed cream and whisk to dissolve. (Heat a little more if need to dissolve further)
- Pour cream layer over set orange layer.
- Return to fridge or freezer until set.
- Slice into squares and serve.
- Be careful. It is hard to stop at one of these!