These nuggets are a sure winner with the kids and are perfect for lunches at home or at school as they are equally delicious cold. This recipe can be made as a ‘nut free’ option using brown rice flour instead of arrowroot and almond meal. These nuggets go nicely with a combo of homemade mayo & homemade BBQ sauce or mashed avocado. These are bound to impress anyone & make a great party food.
- 1-2 chicken breasts (or 4 thighs)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup true arrowroot flour
- 1-2 egg whites beaten (whole eggs are fine too)
- coconut oil or butter to fry
- Cut chicken breasts into nugget sized pieces
- Mix arrowroot flour, almond meal and salt and pepper together.
- Dip chicken into egg mix
- Roll nuggets in almond meal mix so well covered
- Fry in coconut oil until golden on each side.
- For 'nut free' option, replace almond meal and arrowroot with 1.5 cups of brown rice flour.
- Serve with homemade macadamia mayo & homemade BBQ Sauce OR mashed avocado (simply mash avo & add some salt, pepper & lime juice)