These Zucchini Fritters make a great lunch box item or after school snack. They go well served with smashed avocado. Simply mash avocado and add lime juice, salt and pepper for the perfect combo. Avocados are mostly mono-unsaturated fat and the fat-soluble vitamins ensure nutrients like beta-carotene are more readily absorbed.
- 2 grated zucchini
- 1 grated carrot (or you can use extra zucchini
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 cup of fresh corn kernels (optional)
- Handful of chopped basil
- 2Tbs arrowroot
- 6 eggs
- butter to fry
- After grating zucchini, place in cotton tea towel and squeeze out moisture.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Heat butter or ghee and dollop spoons of mix into hot butter
- Fry until golden on both sides