Tropical Kefir Smoothie
Here’s a smoothie recipe that is a favourite with the Pinkfarm offspring and first time kefir tasters. It makes about 1 to 1.5L. Promoting an increased sense of well being this cultured beverage should not be under-estimated. Kefir has benefited us in many ways, including healing dairy intolerances, increasing energy, balancing mood and emotions and it continues to provide gut health and immune system support. Kefir smoothies are an easy way to include beneficial cultured foods into the diet of both adults and children. Kefir smoothies are a powerhouse of nutritional healing.
- 1-2 frozen bananas
- 2 cheeks of frozen mango
- 2-3 whole egg yolks (ideally from pasture fed chickens)
- 3 teas vanilla
- 2 tabs raw honey (optional or adjust to taste)
- 1 L Raw Milk Kefir
- 1/2 cup of Raw Cream (or coconut cream)
- Blend frozen fruit until smooth.
- Add other ingredients and blend until well combined. Enjoy!