Our Wakame & Ginger Kraut
After some time of creating ferments following other recipes we decided it was time to create some of our own flavours. This was one of our first and is a hit in our families. With the use of Wakame (a sea vegetable) this ferment is enhanced with important sea minerals such as iodine.
- 1200g shredded green cabbage
- 3 tabs of finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 tabs of flaked Wakame
- 30g Sea Salt
- Place all ingredients (except Wakame) in bowl and mix gently to combine.
- Massage with hands until juices run free when squeezed firmly in fist.
- Add wakame and mix through.
- Press into airtight jar firmly until liquid is covering top of veggies. Need 2cm
- of liquid covering.
- Place cabbage leaf rolled and tucked over top of veggies. Ensure that liquid
- remains above the veggies.
- Cover jar with tea towel & leave on bench to ferment for 5 days