Pinkfarm Zucchini Slice
This is a basic recipe that is gluten and nut free and can be dairy free also. It is quick and easy and keeps well in the fridge for a few days, so it makes a great lunchbox addition, picnic item or simply as a side to other meals. We have also created a Paleo version of this too, by using a combination of almond meal and coconut flour instead of rice flour. The Paleo version is a little softer and more moist.
- 5-6 eggs
- 1 cup rice flour (or 1/2 cup of almond meal & 1 tabs of coconut flour for Paleo version)
- 1 teas baking powder
- 2 cups grated zucchini (or combo of zucchini & carrot)
- 1 brown onion diced finely
- 1/2 cup macadamia oil/olive oil
- A handful of chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Optional Extras: diced bacon, cherry tomatoes, grated cheese, diced fetta.
- Mix all ingredients together
- Pour into lined baking dish
- Dollop with blobs of feta cheese & sliced tomato if you like.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 40-50 minutes