Cauliflower “not” Rice
Cauliflower ‘not’ Rice has emerged with the Paleo movement as a great substitute for rice in most recipes. You can serve it with curries, stir-fries, in soups & even nori-rolls. We love to vary ours with some colour by adding some chopped broccoli or shredded kale to make a “Zebra Rice”. It really is simple to make but the trick is to chop it fine but not too fine, and to cook it in a nice open fry pan at high temperature.
- ½ a medium sized head of organic cauliflower broken into 4 smaller flowerets
- 1 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 large tabs of ghee or coconut oil
- ¼ teas of sea salt
- Chop cauliflower in food processor until the size of small lentils. In a thermo-mix, chop on speed 5 for 2 secs.
- Heat fry pan over high heat and add ghee.
- Add chopped cauliflower, garlic and salt.
- Stir to coat in oils.
- Leave sit for a minute or two and then stir.
- Stir at intervals whilst cooking for about 5 mins.
- Variation: Zebra Rice – which is simply a mixture of finely chopped cauliflower and finely chopped broccoli and or finely shredded kale.