Pinky was looking for a recipe to use up her egg whites today and I was able to share this one with her. This is a favourite recipe that Z likes to make when her cousins and friends come to visit . Pinky sandwiched hers together with a salted caramel which is Quirky Cooking’s Dulce La leche recipe made with coconut nectar.
- 4 egg whites
- pinch of cream of tartar
- 1 teas vanilla
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 cup of coconut (shredded, flaked or desiccated)
- 1 cup of almond meal
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar & vanilla until fluffy.
- Slowly add sugar whilst you continue to beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold in almond meal & coconut.
- Blob onto baking paper lined tray
- Bake at 180c until golden brown.
- These will not be crispy. They are a soft/chewy type of macaroon.