This fritatta is a versatile, quick & easy weekly staple to keep on hand in the fridge. It is an excellent nutrient dense, protein rich snack or meal to go; suitable for feeding hungry teens, fueling athletes or satisfying those kids & parents that need a grab n go bite to eat. This recipe includes chicken mince but you can change things up by substituting left over roast meats, chopped cold sausages, kabana or bacon. We recommend Lewis & Son Natural Kabana – Fodmap friendly, gluten free, free from additives & fillers. See link to their products here.
- 500g of broccoli (cut into florets & stems sliced thinly)
- 2 zucchini thinly sliced
- 2 tabs ghee
- 600g of diced roast sweet potato/pumpkin
- 1 kg of chicken mince (or cold leftover roast, or cooked kabana or bacon)
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 16 eggs
- 150ml of coconut cream
- fresh herbs of choice chopped (optional)
- 1. Heat ghee in frypan over medium heat. Add broccoli and saute' until beginning to soften. Then add zucchini. Sautee until brocoli stems are almost cooked through. (dont overcook) Remove & set aside.
- 2. Heat ghee on high heat in frypan. Spread Chicken mince over frypan in thin layer. Sprinkle with garlic. Allow to brown slightly before turning and allow to cook through. Set aside.
- 3. Whisk 16 eggs with coconut cream until well combined and fluffy. Season with salt/pepper.
- 4. Line a large roasting dish with baking paper.
- 5. Layer green veggies in bottom, followed by sweet potato, followed by chicken mince & herbs.
- 6. Toss lightly with hands to mix a little.
- 7. Pour over egg mixture.
- 8. Bake in oven at 180c for about 45mins or until browned slightly on top and firm to touch in centre.