Decadent Night Delights!
Pinky told me about a yummy brownie she had made and wanted to share but couldn’t get a nice picture of it. I was trying to give her ideas about how to get a good picture but it seems she wasn’t quite game enough to tell me it had already been demolished! So then she demanded that I make them ASAP and emailed me the recipe. So here I was at 10.30pm with this warm, gooey, chocolate brownie on my plate taking pictures….I cursed Pinky that I had to eat such a decadent night delight at that hour of the day! It was bloody worth it thought. Such a rare treat but a great one to impress your friends.
- 1 cup of butter
- 70-140g of loving earth dark chocolate
- 1/2-3/4 cup of rapadura or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of cacao powder
- 1/2 cup of true arrowroot
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup walnuts
- Melt chocolate and butter in thermo (or double boiler)
- Add sugar & Cacao & blend well.
- Add remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Spread into a deep dish (16cmx16cm or 16cmx20cm) lined with baking paper. The deeper the better.
- Bake at 180c until outside edges are cooked but middle is still a little bit gooey but firm.
- Lovely served warm with home-made vanilla ice-cream or fresh whipped cream.
- Also nice served cold.